Monday 12 March 2012

Review: Hawaiian Sky Moroccan Argan Oil




After reading tons of fantastic reviews on Morrocan Oil in the last 3 or 4 months I have been desperate to get my hands on a bottle. I'd heard it literally performs miracles on dry hair, transforming it from ill and damaged to soft, healthy and beautiful. Sounding too good to be true and knowing full well my hair was in desperate need of some TLC, I took to the streets of Leeds in search of some for myself.

I managed to find a rather large bottle of 'Hawaiin Sky Morrocan Argan Oil' from on offer from a place called 'Hair City', near Leeds Corn Exchange, costing me £7.99. This I thought was very good considering a similar size bottle sells for about £20-£30 online.For some reason I couln't find an image of this product's brand name on the internet, or even a link to buy it online! I presume it's pretty much the same formula as the likes of the Moroccanoil Series (comes in the blue-labelled bottle), Organix, Hollywood Beauty, Lee Stafford etc, so hopefully my review won't be too dissimilar to any of the other brands that sell this stuff.

At the first use, I distributed a healthy amount at the roots and ends of my hair when it was wet and then dried it off with a hairdryer. It has a strong (but nice) smell and the consistency is exactly what you would expect from an oil. Straight away I could tell it had added moisture, shine and gave my hair a silky soft feel that lasted until I next washed it. It really did feel great and almost like a completely new head of hair - all the reviews I'd read were right!

It has numerous benefits along with making the hair soft and shiny, I've heard from some sources that it protects hair from flat irons and other heat-styling tools (which is very good for a ghd addict like me).

I can't find many faults with the oil but I wouldn't say it 'doesn't give an oily feel' like it claims; I could definitely tell that it had had product in and was a little stickier than usual, making it look more greasy. Saying that it's totally worth it for the good it does to your hair, I really was amazed. Since the first use, I've found it's also very good on dry hair if it's feeling a little weak. Putting it on wet hair definitely has the best results though.
I have oily/combination skin so I don't quite dare to try it on my skin just yet. I have heard that it can do great things for the skin too though!

If you're 'umming and 'arring like I was and considering getting some Morrocan Oil from any brand I would definitely say go for it! Worth every penny in my opinion.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment