Saturday 3 March 2012

Review: Philip Kingsley Elasticizer


Before trying this product from Philip Kingsley it's safe to say I was a little dubious. I was more than sceptical that it could just be yet another unnecessary product for women to fall into the trap of buying into. Not a shampoo, not a conditioner, not a blow drying treatment but a pre-shampoo intensive moisturizing treatment, promising to deliver elasticity, bounce and shine to hair. It is also said to provide UV protection even after washing, to help prolong the life of colour treated hair.

The elasticizer is not short of healthy ingredients; a balance of oils, humectants and elastin (protein), with a small amount of silicone. I'd heard good things about the Philip Kingsley hair range so I decided to curb my doubts and give this treatment a chance.

Thankfully I was really blown away by the product, even after the first use. Following the instructions, I applied a good amount through the mid-lengths and ends, left for 10 minutes and rinsed before following my normal hair-washing routine. It had no real immediate effect or amazing smell but once my hair had completely dried I was more than impressed! It really does volumize and liven up the hair and left mine feeling particularly bouncy and definitely much healthier. It left my very dry, over-highlighted hair feeling incredibly thick and silky, particularly at the ends which are unfortunately very damaged.

If I'm looking for fault it did perhaps make my hair go a little greasier more quickly than normal. I also can't say it really did wonders for the actual colour, however I think I may just be being overly picky with that one. I am definitely going to use it once or twice a week from now on to improve the general condition and maintenance of my hair. So all in all not so much of a fad product like I first thought!

It's definitely got me interested in the other products from the PK range; I've got my eye on a silver shampoo that could be gracing the shelves of my bathroom very soon!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment