Tuesday 31 January 2012

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation


I've made no secret of the fact I adore Clinique. Their counter at my local branch of Boots is almost always my first point of call when I'm looking to buy something new -  I think I'm yet to find a product that I'm not head over heels in love with!

Anyway I've been looking to find a new foundation for a while as unfortunately I think my MAC Studio Fix is causing me to have spot break outs after wearing. A real shame because I love the coverage, I just think the formula is perhaps a little too oily for my already quite greasy skin.

So me being me I hopped, skipped  and practically sprinted down to my nearest Clinique counter to discover the goods they had to offer me. I know they pride themselves on hypo-allergenic, completely fragrance-free products which I really like. They gave me a fabulous consultation and one I would really recommend having even if you're not prepared to buy a foundation - I found out more about my skin than I've known for 20 years! The Foundation Finder on their website is also a great tool for those who don't fancy a trip to the counter.

The lovely lady matched my skin type to a perfect colour and the best foundation for me, which was  the Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Foundation  in the colour Fresh Neutral. It was a close tie between that and the Superbalanced, I decided on the anti-blemish as I'm quite prone to spots!

The foundation is fantastic, it hasn't affected my skin after wearing it and it feels light and fresh on the skin. It does a fantastic job at covering blemishes too, I've found tapping over the area with a foundation brush covers it no problem. The product seems to work well with any primer and is completely satisfactory without. Basically I'm struggling to find any negatives for this product!

If you're looking for something for more everyday use, I would recommend going for the Tinted Moisturizer which is perhaps better as an everyday, light base. However this one is amazing for wearing a couple of times a week. I think that if you want a makeup to even your skin , cover spots and also help to heal them, this is the perfect foundation for you!


Me on the right - not the best shot but as you can see good coverage, no visible spots and not too shiny!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the sound of this, I've used the Clinique Even Better foundation in the past and loved it. I definitely to have a look at the Clinique foundations again :) xx

    ReplyDelete