Monday 6 February 2012

Bronzed and Beachy: Summer Make-Up Look

I don't know why but whenever the weather is cold and grim ALL I can think about is holidays, tanning and glorious summer sunshine.


As the snow fell heavily in Leeds on Saturday afternoon I found myself day dreaming about white sandy beaches, looking through thousands of old holiday snaps and even applying a cheeky extra layer of fake bake; all completely subconsciously but without an ounce of shame.

To remedy my mood, I decided to create Summer a make-up look on my amazing i-pod app to make me feel a tad more optimistic about the abysmal sight out of my window. Even though my skin is completely untanned right now, sometimes I like to wear warm, golden-toned make-up at least to look a bit healthier and to feel a little bit better about the fact I'm almost as pasty as an albino vampire. I wanted to share the look with any blog readers who may be feeling just as depressed about the cold as I am - it won't be long before we can all have a natural, glowing skin colour again!

Unfortunatley (or not) experimenting has given me a fair few products to add to my ever-growing make-up wishlist....



Before
After















                                                                                                                                                                                           Products:



Stila eye shadow pans in kitten
Almay Pure Blends Eye Shadow in Cinnamon
Stila eye shadow pans in espresso
Stila eye shadow pans in sparkle
Cargo Bronzer in Medium
Dior Dior Bronze Original Tan in Healthy Tan 01
CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup in 5 Classic Tan 460
Dior DiorShow Mascara in Chestnut
Stila smudge pot in brown
Stila kajal eye liner tigers eye
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Sweet Honey

2 comments:

  1. You look very pretty in both, but I really do like the more tanned look you've created, thanks for your lovely comment you left on my blog, I'm following you now :) feel free to follow back if you like! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're vey welcome!
      Of course I'm following :) Love your blog!
      Amy x

      Delete