Saturday 7 January 2012

Feel Unique January Beauty Box



                             
Just to make my day all the better the postman just dropped the Feel Unique January Beauty Box at my door. I've been so excited about this since I signed up and literally tore the packaging open to discover what was inside. I had no idea it had been dispatched so it felt like Christmas all over agin!

The Beauty Box concept costs £9.95 with free postage and although you don't know what goodies will be contained inside, you're promised 5-6 samples of high-end beauty products. 
There are a few different boxes out there but after doing a little research, I decided the Feel Unique Box was the best suited to me.


So this months contents:
1) Lierac creme mesolift anti-aging radiance cream 15ml



This product is sample size (15ml) and the full size version (50ml) retails for around £28. It contains apricot butter and lime wax and gives the skin 'an immediate radiance boost' post application. Although at 20 I may not need an anti-ageing cream just yet, I'm very excited about this product; the reviews are very good and I love face creams whether anti-ageing or not!


2) Dead Sea Spa Majik Salt Brushing - 2 Sachets



Next were two sachets of Dead Sea Spa Majik Salt Brushing - a highly nourishing, exfoliating body treatment that naturally exfoliates without irritating and eliminates dead skin cells. Again this product has fantastic reviews and I think it'll be good for a pre Fake Bake exfoliation.


3) Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion 30ml



Another sample size French product. This body lotion is a rich, hydrating treatment that promotes microcirculation and again helps prevent premature skin ageing. I'll be looking about 12 years old after trying all these products out!


4) Phyto PhytoBaume Color Protect Express Conditioner 20ml


My hair's in pretty poor condition after all the dyeing and exposure to heat I put it through; I'm looking forward to seeing what this product can do and whether it's any better than my favourite Clairol conditioner. It claims to be a creamy daily conditioner that instantly detangles and protects colour treated and highlighted hair...we shall see!


5) this works Clean Skin for the Face 30ml



This 'award winning cleanser' is another product with good reviews. It has a fresh, botanical aroma and contains palmarosa essential oil that hydrates and fights wrinkles. Again quite small in size but it smell divine.



The card inside notes: ‘New Year New You. Now the festive frivolities are over its time to get back to basics with our specially selected products, designed to put you back on the straight and narrow’. I really like this concept as it’s so true that we all need a little refresh and revival this time of year. The idea of ‘starting over’ is very apt for January.

So all in all I’m happy. The products are all something I would use and potentially buy and it will be nice to try smaller samples out before latently buying. Truth be told, however, I would probably have been more than happy to find a bag of frozen peas inside as I adore the concept so much!

The only downside for me is that I would have loved to receive a make-up product; this was one of the predominant reasons I signed up. I suppose the idea of a ‘revitalized new look’ kind of contradicts this and so it’s understandable that they’ve left make-up out this month.

There is also no full-size product contained but that is perfectly acceptable when the box only costs £9.95 and understandably it would be hard to include something full-size every month (I believe that there was some full Bed Head product in December’s box).

Beauty Boxes are available here: here


I look forward to trying the products out and blogging about their results!

Amy x

4 comments:

  1. Amy! I gave you a creative blogger award go check it out! Boosts your hits and followers ;-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thankyou babe! Will do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I'd hoped to get my box today - looking forward to trying everything but like you hoped for some make-up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an amazing box! though they all seem to be doing the dead sea sachets

    chlo @chlowitty blogs
    having a little giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete