Friday 9 December 2011

Holiday Blues: Take Me Back to Cyprus!

So it's the 8th of December and the weather in Leeds is shocking to say the least.

The ITV weather girl actually said 'We've also had some rain in the North this morning' which HAS to be the understatement of the year by far. Some rain? I managed to get absolutely soaked on my way 20 minute walk to Uni both on the way and on the way back; wind, rain, sleet, snow, mud - you name it, I got covered in it.

Anyway the dreadful weather has got me missing Summer 2011 and my holiday to Ayia Napa, Cyprus, most of all. I had the most AMAZING time and would give anything to be back on the beach right now rather than in dreary, rainy Leeds. Here's a few snaps from my much-deserved girly week in the sun:


My favourite photograph of the whole holiday. Taken at around 6am on Nissi Beach, just after we went for a swim coming back from our last night out. My friend Olivia caught this on a disposable camera just as we waded back to shore in our underwear...amazing picture!


Me (far right) and the three of my best friends that accompanied me. These girls made my holiday!



An all-you-can-drink beach party; this was only going to end in a mess really - and it did.



We hired out a Pedalo on Nissi Beach, which was a fantastic experience and so much fun! Beautiful clear blue sea, clear sky and a scorching sun to aid our tans and heal our hangovers...bliss


A bar crawl on our first night (and I think our first shot). Turned out to be the first of many!



Me getting a slightly/very inappropriate henna Tattoo...had to be done!


Me by the pool. 'The love of my life' by Louise Douglas was my summer read...an incredible book.



The last night called for matching t-shirts :)


An Olympic Holidays' Beach Party



River Reggae...a club that actually had a swimming pool. Quite dangerous after a few too many drinks


At the airport before flying back to the UK...I was truly gutted!

No comments:

Post a Comment