Sunday 11 December 2011

More Summer 2011 Nostalgia: St Ives, Cornwall

My last post, 'Take me back to Cyprus', left me reminiscing over more of my travelling memories from 2011. June blessed me with a family trip to one of my favourite places in the world, St Ives, Cornwall. We hired a small cottage in the centre of St Ives, close to Porthmeor beach where we spent nearly every day.
It's the sort of place where on a nice day you can lay on the beach, look out to the sea and feel like you could be literally anywhere. Here's a few of my fave snaps:


Porthmeor Beach, on the north coast of the town and about a 5 minute walk from our cottage.


...I had a go at surfing but spent far more time being washed ashore than actually surfing. Still, I felt I had to try it out!


The Harbour; lots of boats, tourists and a few seals!


By the Harbour. Saw a few Seals near here.



Shopping In St Ives


Cornwall is well renowned for its' surf, Porthmeor Beach is widely regarded as offering the best surfing conditions in St Ives.


Actually managed a good tan to say I was sunning myself in England! If only tans lasted the whole year...


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog and a wonderful post <3
    welcome to: dirty-poison.blogspot.com
    FOLLOW YOU ??? ... FOLLOW ME BACK?

    ReplyDelete