Wednesday 4 January 2012

2012 Resolutions




So it may be a little late but I've been contemplating doing a New Year’s Resolution-type post for a while now. Every year around this time I write and save a list of my wants and wishes for the forthcoming year on my laptop; this year, as I'm writing and committing to a blog, I may as well shed some (not all) light on my annual pledges for the future year:



-     Keep Up with Blog. One post a week MINIMUM and the writing has to be of good standard. NOT akin to some of the everyday rammel I've been publishing in recent weeks.

-     Don’t Crash Car. Touch wood. Also on last year's list.

-     2.1 and Nothing Less. Speaks for itself really. I'm graduating this year and anything below a 2.1 will not be worth the £21,000 debt I’ll be fashioning come July.

-     Look after Wesley. New puppy is here in two weeks and when I'm home I want to make up for the all the times I'm not and treat him like the true canine prince he is.

-     Embrace the Olympics. I LOVE all things sporting and all things British so during this year's Olympics I'll be glued to the TV at any and every moment possible. I'm lucky enough to have tickets for some track events and I am reeling with excitement already.

-     Some Form of Writing/Publishing Work Experience. Clearly been unlucky with my work experience so far, but I'm hopeful that my 13821947219 time will prove to be beneficial.

-     Amazing/Sufficiently Good 21stbirthday. I HATE Birthdays. Well I hate my own birthdays -too much pressure and too much comparison to other people’s birthdays. I’m hoping for a weekend away with my homebirds and a messy night in Leeds.

-     Find a Husband...Or at Least a Date? I made substantial (for me) progress in 2011 but still find myself as single as Susan Boyle (who has now probably had more relationships than I have). Need to find a nice, suitable male that's not too old for me, or too stupid.

-     Enjoy Graduation and Leaving Uni. Not too many tears and an amazing night out will most definitely be in order (and needed after the hell that is my dissertation).

-     Write More, Care Less. I'd like to write more for HerCampus, Tweet, write AIESEC-related media and update my Blog. Most importantly I'd like to do this unashamedly and be proud of my work. I care far too much about what other people think, and although I'm getting better, I'd like to care a lot less about anyone that undermines me.

-     Holiday. Something at least half as good as last years trips to Spain, Cyprus and Cornwall would be lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment