Friday 27 January 2012

Lip Balm Love

Like most girls, I am a total lip balm addict. Without it I feel something is missing, even on non make-up-wearing days I still use it just to keep my lips feeling fresh and hydrated. I do find the more you wear it the more you feel like you need it, but when your a sucker for buying new cosmetics that shouldn't be a problem, right?

I've been through numerous brands and varieties over the years, here are some of my no-fail favourites:



1) MAC Lip Conditioner

I bought this product a few months ago and I absolutely love it. It leaves the lips feeling soft, well-moisturised and tingly. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination (£11) but not a complete fortune either. The tube has lasted me a long time as so little needs to be applied to make an impact. I've heard the tinted versions being raved about a lot recently but personally I opted for the clear one so I could apply it without making a difference to my choice of lip colour. A definite recommend! 


2) Mint Julips Lip Scrub 


I love this scrub from Lush; a very innovative and original product. I really like the concept of using mint flavoured sugar to exfoliate your lips, although I'm not sure I would appreciate a bubblegum flavour as much. This scrub makes my lips feel smooth, plump and soft and the fact it's edible is a total bonus! It also provides a good base for lipstick as it really does exfoliate the dry areas. Quite well priced at £4.95 and again will last forever!

3) Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment

I'm not sure Clinique sells anything I don't love and this lip balm of course does not let me down. This has quite a thick consistency which for me is the only big downside; I don''t like to feel like i have a gloss or heavy layer or product on my lips. On the plus side it can be used more as a gloss and it's super hydrating. It possibly needs less applications as it keeps the dryness from coming back very successfully.



4) Good old Vaseline
It wouldn't be a top lip balm post without the trusty Vaseline! I'm yet to meet anyone that doesn't have at least one tub lying around and the fact it's so cheap makes it an absolute necessity for any make up bag. I really love the Lip Therapy tints that they have brought out in the last couple of years. This rosy one is my favourite as it's very fresh without being too strong a smell or colour. This leaves the lips natural and glossy as I'm sure most readers will know by now. I have however noticed that a few more applications are required than the other ones I've mentioned, but with the product being so cheap I guess it's inevitable.


5) Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm


This all-natural lip balm is packed with essential oils of linden blossom to protect and nourish, rose geranium to help rejuvenate, and ylang ylang to stimulate circulation. It's also free from sulphates, artificial fragrances and colours so you can apply totally green and guilt-free. The texture is quite thin which personally I like. The taste and smell is not particularly amazing; this is perhaps to be expected with it being organic. At around £5 you can't go wrong!


Ones I haven't liked so much: smackers (too sticky), Burts Bees (not a big fan of honey).

2 comments:

  1. love the lush lip scrubs, especially the bubblegum one :) x

    http://so-phee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush Lip Scrubs are great! I've been using the Sweet Lips one for a couple of months now and my lips are so smooth :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete