Saturday 14 January 2012

Feel Unique January Beauty Box: 1 Week On

So this time last week I received my first Feel Unique Beauty Box much to my personal excitement, my bank balances detriment and my skin's delight.
You can read about my initial reaction here.

The box promised to refresh and revive with the note inside reading:
‘New Year New You. Now the festive frivolities are over its time to get back to basics with our specially selected products, designed to put you back on the straight and narrow.'
I thought this was a great concept for January and for that reason I fully forgive them for not including any make-up. Although I'd love some next month please!

Here are my thoughts on the products after a weeks use:

1) Lierac creme Mesolift anti-aging radiance cream 15ml 
This was my favourite product of the box; it smells lovely, almost like orange Starburst sweets! It's fairly thick but applied last thing at night after cleansing for the past week had really enhanced my natural complexion and daily glow. Out of everything I would probably be most likely to buy this product. I would rate it 8/10

2. Dead Sea Spa Majik Salt Brushing - 2 Sachets
The predominant downside for me with the sachets was that I have heard they have appeared in a number of similar beauty boxes in recent months, which is fine, but sort of takes the excitement out of getting something new on the scene and perhaps unknown.
The scrub was brilliant at exfoliating and left my skin feeling clean, smooth and silky. Unfortunately however the salt pieces were quite large and I usually like a much finer scrub. Also any future users should be careful when scrubbing over any cuts or flesh wounds as the salt can really sting. I learnt this the hard way after scrubbing over a cut I had gained after trying to open my Beauty Box with a knife much too enthusiastically and cutting my hand - oh the irony! I liked this product but wouldn't buy it; there are many other  skin scrubs out there I much prefer. 5/10

 3) Caudalie Vinotherapie Nourishing Body Lotion 30ml


I really liked this lotion. It was light, seemingly long-lasting and left my skin feeling fairly soft. One downside to the product was it's smell which was quite strong, floral and a little bit old fashioned if I'm being completely honest. Despite this, it was a nice product and one that I'm sure I'll get future use out of. 6/10


4) Phyto PhytoBaume Color Protect Express Conditioner 20ml

This wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but it was probably my least favourite product. I wasn't 'wowed' by it in any sense; I  tend to spend quite a lot of money on good hair conditioners and this one didn't really compare to some of my favourites like Catwalk, Aussie and Tigi. I didn't find it boosted the colour of my highlighted hair particularly. Maybe I will give this another try and see if a second verdict improves my thoughts. 5.5/10

5) This works Clean Skin for the Face 30ml


Last but by no means least, the thisworks facial wash which again I really liked. If you hadn't guessed already I'm a big fan good-smelling products and this smelt sufficiently fresh albeit quite strong. I found it took off every once of my make up and provided a completely clean base for moisturising. I would probably buy this product if the price was right. 7/10


I hope I haven't been too harsh, all just my honest opinion for those who are interested. I liked every item in the box, just some a little more than others.

I can't wait for Febuary's box and look forward to sharing my views on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment